Well It is Friday night and my little one is asleep. Daddy is working late and so I decided to work a little bit on the 11 tools.
Tool #2
I signed up for a google reader account and since I am already following some AWESOME blogs it loaded them right up so that I can see the latest posts. It really is nice to read all of them at a glance.
I started my blog this summer, when I had time. I felt like I was part of that that learning community tool #2 talks about. I found so many good ideas and even participated in a book study on Math Centers.
I am usually more of a reader and don't tend to leave too many comments on blog pages. If I decide to use someones idea or print something that they have I always thank them.
One of my favorite places is
http://www.mrswillskindergarten.com/2011/01/writers-workshop.htmlShe is so awesome and has a ton of practical ideas. I actually found out about the book study by reading her blog. She also has a lot of good things for sale in the TPT store.
I am also starting to use http://pinterest.com/ It helps to organize images that you like into categories. It reminds me of the cork boards from long ago that people used to pin up magazine pictures. I really think it can be a useful tool and plan to utilize it more often.
Well, that is all of my ideas about tool #2.
Becky

This is a perfect post! You have a real gift for writing honestly and I love it. Encourage your teammates to use this as a journal, as you are doing. FAB job!
ReplyDeleteI am impressed with all your hard work.
ReplyDeleteI am TOTALLY in agreement with Becky and Marty! Wow, I am really inspired to get moving with my tools after visiting your blog. Thanks for all the hard work you do- for always having a positive attitude- and for always doing your part to make a difference at VOE! You are a treasure!!!
ReplyDelete